Kingsholm Primary School Sports Premium
Kingsholm Primary School Sports Vision:
All pupils leaving primary school will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
Indicators of such improvement to include:
* The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles
* The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
* Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
* A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
It is of great importance that children and adults participate in a wide range of physical activities thus enabling them to develop their health and well-being. This supports our school vision:
'Our Kingsholm family, learning together successfully to make a positive contribution to our world.'
- To promote an enjoyment of physical activity and a positive attitude to a healthy lifestyle, hygiene and fitness.
- To experience a broad range of physical activity which could lead to lifelong involvement in physical activity.
- To participate in high quality PE lessons which engage, challenges and upskills all children
- To become skilful and intelligent performers (both individually and collaboratively) and to develop an increasing ability to repeat and refine actions and perform them with increasing control, confidence and co-ordination
- To set personal targets and compete against others, individually and as part of a team
- To develop the ability to select, link and apply skills, and perform with increasing control, physical competence and confidence in a wide range of physical education and context
- To understand what it takes to persevere, succeed and acknowledge others successes (fair play)
- To provide opportunities for children to take part in competitive events within school, inter school and county level.
- To develop a sense of responsibility towards their own and others safety
Measuring Pupil Impact
- - Pupil Feedback
- - Pupil Interviews
- - Pupil Evaluations/Feedback
- - Lesson Observations/Monitoring
- - Assessment of skills at the end of each term
- - Increase in club participation
- - Increase in competitive games though intra and inter competitions as well as friendly games