At Kingsholm Primary School we value the contribution that every child makes. Through our provision we seek to raise achievement, remove barriers to learning and increase physical and curricular access for all. All children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) are valued, respected and considered equal members of the school. As such, provision for pupils with SEND is a matter for the school as a whole.
Our aims are:
- To ensure a broad and balanced and full curriculum entitlement and access for all pupils, including those with SEND
- To ensure that necessary provision is made for any pupil whose Special Educational Needs have been identified.
- To ensure that each pupil with SEND, as far as possible, is educated and joins in the activities of the school together with pupils who do not have SEND
- To develop a strong partnership between the school, parents and their child with SEND.
Our objectives are:
- To identify and assess all pupils with SEND as early as possible.
- To provide for all pupils with SEND by using the most appropriate agency.
- To involve the child with SEND throughout the whole process, taking into account their own wishes and needs.
- To ensure close co-operation between all agencies involved.
SEND Contact details
SENDCO - Miss Nikki Green
Headteacher - Mrs Jan Buckland
Co-Headteacher - Mr Matt Ferris
Inclusion Support Assistants - Mrs Sarah Thomas and Mrs Tracey Gordon